Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Parsons - Like a headless chicken

Second day of classes was today! I had Drawing 1 from 3 - 5:40 pm. On my way to school Cole (I think?) from NYC Prep bumped into me and knocked my shit all over the ground. I don't think he noticed what he did. It sucked.

Got up to the 4th floor in the building and could not find my classroom. I walk around for a few minutes, come up to a huge maze of little studios, a metal shop, a wood shop, etc. But not room 401? I give up and go back to the elevator and it opens up to kids that are in my class. I tell them I can't find the classroom. We look again, still no luck. MAYBE we think, Room 401 is actually on the 3rd or 4th floor? Along the way we meet other students confused with where the hell Room 401 is. At this point I'm wondering if Room 401 even exists. We asked like 5 different people and none of them knew what we were talking about. Finally we found it (it was hidden behind the metal shop in a corner. How convenient!).

I like my drawing teacher. I can't figure him out really but I'm pretty sure I like him. He seems like an interesting guy and I googled him last night (yeah I'm a creep, I don't care) and I liked his work that popped up. The only thing I did not like was drawing the same bottle for 3 hours straight. How many times could I draw it incorrectly in 3 hours? About 30.

Also, currently obsessed with this song:




It's the only thing I've been listening to for the past two hours, plus the video is great.

Tomorrow is my day off. Caitlin and I are getting breakfast at the Blue Stove (because it just re-opened!) and then seeing Inglorious Basterds with Jonathan later. Then I'm shooting The So So Glos/Titus Andronicus tour kick off show at Monster Island. Should be a fun day.

3 comments:

  1. holy shit yeah I had drawing in 402 and I was ten minutes late because I couldn't fucking find it! I feel like "warning: class is located at the end of a labyrinth" should be on the student detail schedule somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting lost in a new place sucks. ( I assume it's new to you, I only just found your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivy - I KNOW. SO. CONFUSING.

    Tuesday Kid - Haha yeah, it's really awful. And yeah, totally new to me! I'm a freshman at Parsons. Just out of curiosity, how did you come across my blog?

    ReplyDelete