Monday, September 28, 2009

So many things


More on Brooklyn Vegan here

Friday I saw Wavves with Ganglians and Beach Fossils at Market Hotel. It was a great show. Almost died, but then again...it wouldn't be a show at Market Hotel if my life wasn't threatened in at least one way.

Around 4 am while I was sitting in bed editing photos, twitter exploded with talks of a fight between Jared from Black Lips and Nathan from Wavves at Daddy's. Daddy's sounded really familiar and then I remembered OH HAYYY that's the bar like two doors away from my apartment. Cool story.

Yesterday I met up with Grace and Hillary. We had lunch and caught up on various crazy college stories (well, their crazy college stories...I haven't had that much of an exciting life lately). We went over to Grace's apartment, which BTW is a penthouse apartment (she failed to mention that to Hillary and me and then we got into the elevator and she pressed the "PH" button, Hillary and I exchanged very impressed facial expressions). The apartment was beautiful and we sat out on the terrace and it was really so amazing. The view is beautiful. East River to your right, all of New York to your left. The kitchen was made entirely out of mirrors and Hillary and I felt compelled to have a photo shoot...so we did. They went back to Tuxedo and I met up with Caitlin and Misty for Misty's birthday dinner. It was really nice!

Spent all of today watching The OC. Like actually all day...whatever, I'm not ashamed. Maybe a little bit? ...hmm nope.

Tomorrow I am waiting for a package until 2 and then probably watching The OC all day...again. This is going to be a very wordy entry (as if you haven't already noticed that...), I'm on a roll tonight. I just wrote the longest email of my life to someone that asked me about the pros/cons of concert photography. I had too much to say, couldn't contain MY PASSSSSIIIIOOOON! It all spilled out.

Also: It's funny. I feel super disconnected from anyone and everyone because I didn't dorm. I mean, I do not in any way regret getting an apartment. I am ultimately happier and I know I would probably be (for the most part) miserable dorming. But I can't help but feel of secluded from any/every social activity that involves my peers. I guess I'm feeling a little lonely and shacking myself up in my apartment to watch The OC all day probably isn't helping but whatever. I suppose I'm in a rut, I'll eventually get over it. Also kinda feeling totally uninspired lately but that's just because of me being antisocial. Also, I miss my friends that went away to college. I miss having a group of good friends. I feel like a lot of my old friends don't even like me anymore and I feel like they're happy they finally got rid of me or something. GOD WHY AM I BEING SO DEPRESSING.

Anywaaaay...it's actually like 5 am now and I should probably get ready to go to bed even though I am past the point of feeling tired at this point.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am jeal that your WAVVES show was much my exciting than my. Haha.

    2. I totally hear you on the friends thing and feeling uninspired. But, I suppose things happen for a reason and you'll get out of your rut soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That's Brooklyn for ya
    2. I hope so! I am so excited for you to come back and visit!

    ReplyDelete